The Platinum Card from American Express review gives you details and points of the AMEX Platinum Card with a credit score approval of 700. See fees and offers.
The Platinum Card from American Express Review
The Platinum Card from American Express gives you access to some great airlines bonuses, reward points and cash backs from for new cardholders.
One great feature of the Platinum Card from American Express is that, card holders enjoy the Centurion Lounge along side over 1200 other airport Lounges, UBER rides and great reward points with a Membership Rewards Points of 65,000!Credit Card Villa Tips
AMEX Platinum Card Benefits
The Platinum Card from American Express benefits includes and not limited to the following:
The first bonus you earn after you make a $5,000 purchase within the first 90 days of card opening is a 65,000 Membership Rewards Points!
- Points – Comes with a 5x membership reward points on airlines, 5x points on prepaid hotels that gets booked on Amex Travel.
- Airline Credits – You enjoy some mouth watering statement credit of $200 (in-flight refreshments, checked in bags, etc)
- Hotel Programs – You get to enjoy some great Fine Hotels & Resorts that can span two nights at a very cheap rates using your Platinum Card.
Some services like the below are also what you get to enjoy from the Platinum Card from American Express.
- Uber Ride Rewards – You enjoy 15% Uber rewards every months and a $20 Uber rewards every December to spark up your holiday season!
- Airlines Free Credit – All eligible card holders enjoy $200 in statement credits every single year as long as your card remains in use.
- Card Upgrade – You can easily upgrade your card from these to Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status and Hilton Honors Gold Status without any special requirements been met (Terms applies)
- Support – You get direct access to 24/7 support and customer care services when needed.
- Insurance – Just like the Amex Gold Delta SkyMiles Card, you enjoy prompt roadside assistance for car breakdown, insurance for your ride, insurance for luggages, etc.
The Platinum Card from American Express Fees
Now we know the benefits that comes with your Platinum Card from American Express, here are some fees and rates that you need to get familiar with.
- Annual APR – 27.24% (Variable)
- APR Cash Advances – Variable
- Cash Advance – $10 or 5% (whichever is greater)
- Foreign Transaction fee – $0
- Late / Returned Payments – $39
- Membership Fees – $550
*** You are to get familiar with these rates and fees and know if you are comfortable having the Platinum Card from American Express ***
Please take into consideration the Annual membership fee of $550. This commences from the first year as you will be required to cough renew your membership with $550 Annually.
You will enjoy great benefits as listed above using this the Platinum Card from American Express however, are you ready for the Membership payment of $550 annually?
AMEX Platinum Card Requirements
Here are some likeable requirements for this card and to ascertain your eligibility.
- Age Requirements – Minimum age required to apply for this card is 18+ as at the time of application or according to your state laws.
- Membership Fee – $550 is your yearly membership fee and as such, must be available to be deducted upon approval.
- Residency – You must be a full resident of the United States to apply for this card.
- Accept Terms – You are to read the terms and conditions of this card before applying on the Application page to gain better insight.
For Special Requirements or requests, you can contact the Customer support.Credit Card Villa
How to Sign up for this Platinum Card from American Express?
Here are the steps required to sign up for Amex Platinum Card and enjoy the aforementioned benefits.
- Visit the official American Express Platinum Credit Card page on American Express here. (Opens in new tab)
- Once on the page, click on the APPLY NOW bar to fill in your details and information
- Make sure to Read through the Platinum Credit Card terms and conditions.
- Submit your Application and await your Approval.
Need Help? Contact Customer Service
In the event you need help or further assistance, you can contact the Platinum Card from American Express customer service number on 1-800-528-4800.
FAQ about the Platinum Card from AMEX
You can Visit Amex Login page here to Sign in to your Platinum Card Dashboard.
No, based on the USA PATRIOT Act, you need to have a physical address before been entitled to any credit card nationwide, even the Platinum Credit Card from American Express.
Now, when you consider the welcome bonus of 65,000 rewards point and the fact that you stand to pay $550 membership fee, it’s sure worth thinking it through
It’s actually made of metal which has a greet feel in your hand and wallet!