The Capital One Journey student rewards card gives students a higher rewards credit limit, $0 Annual fee – This Journey student rewards brings lots of Capital One benefits to the table.
More Credit Cards
Capital One Journey Student Rewards Card Reviews
The importance of having a credit card that addresses the needs of students can never be over emphasized.
Today we have tens and hundreds of such credit card that helps students meet their needs without having to sweat it out.
This credit card has almost the same attribute as Deserve Edu, although both were designed to help individual student build a credit history. Most importantly, they were design to help the card holder become responsible card holders.
The slight difference between Journey Student Rewards Credit Card and other student credit card is the rewards system.
Capital One Journey Student Rewards Card Features
For a closer review, lets take some of the features that accompanies the Journey Student rewards card.
- Access a Higher Credit Line: Gain access to a higher credit line with credit steps after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Account alerts: Set up personalized email or text reminders to help you stay on top of your account
- Annual Fee: $0
- Cash Back Rewards: Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month. Cash back amount includes the boost you earn each month you pay your bill on time.
- CreditWise from Capital One: Enjoy unlimited access to your credit score and tools to help you monitor your credit profile with CreditWise. It’s free and available to anyone, even if you’re not a Capital One cardholder
- Fraud coverage: You’re coverage by $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: you won’t pay a transaction fee on purchase when travelling or studying abroad.
- Purchase Rate: 99% variable APR
- Financial tools and tips: Capital One Financial Education site provides tools, tips and resources to help you understand your finances and manage your credit. Journey also comes with Visa Platinum Benefits they include;
- 24-hour travel assistance services: If your credit card is misplaced or stolen, you can get an emergency card, replacement and a cash advance
- Extended warranty: You’ll get additional warranty protection at no charge on items that are purchased with your credit card
- Auto rental insurance: You can rent a car with your credit card and be covered for damage due to collision or theft
- Travel accident insurance: You get automatic insurance for loss of life or limb at no extra charge when you use your credit card to purchase your fare.
- You can use this credit card with Apple pay™ to make purchases on the go. g
Journey Student Rewards Card Rates & Fees
Here are the available rates we’ve been able to review about the Capital One Journey Student Rewards Card.
There are tendencies of slight variables however, its worthy to note what to work with before applying.
- Annual Credit Card Charges – $0
- Cash Advance Fee – $10 Or The Equivalent Of 3%
- Cash Advance Rate – 24.99% (V)
- Foreign Transaction Fee – None
- Interest Repayments – 25 Day (Post Closing Of Billing Cycle)
- Maximum Penalty APR – None
- Minimum Credit Line – $300
- MLF – $35
- Online Response – No
- Penalty For Late Payments – $38
- Prime Plus – 19.98%
- Regular Annual Percentage Rate – 24.99%
- Smart Chip – Yes, Chip-And-Signature
Have these application criteria before going ahead with your application;
- Student applying should be 18 years or above
- Have the willingness to build your credit through responsible spending
- Must a be a student resident in the United State Of America
- Every applicant should by US law provide a social security number
Below are some of the requirements you will be asked to provide once on the Capital one application page for the Journey Student Rewards Card.
- Government Names
- Date Of Birth (DOB)
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- A valid Email address
- Mobile device number
- Residential address (Business or home address)
- Account number if any (Select type)
- Source of income
- Employment info
- Annual income
- Alternative source of income
- Rent and mortgage information
How to apply?
Below are outlines easy steps to apply for the Journey Student Credit Card from Capital One.
- Visit the official application page located here
- Fill in your personal details as explained above
- Submit your application and await a response.
Need Support? Contact Capital One Journey Student Rewards Card
You can contact Capital One for your Journey Student Rewards Card by calling 1-800-695-5500 for inquiry and complain.