We (CreditCardVilla) DO NOT currently earn commission or money from the companies mentioned in this post nor links. All Review are our opinion and are not endorsed nor influenced by any issuer.
Barclaycard Initial Credit Card has the same features as most of the student credit card where cardholders have the option of improving their Barclay initial credit rating.
Barclaycard Initial Credit Card Review
Barclaycard Initial encourages people with poor credit, bad credit or those who are in line for a new credit card to help build up their credit history.
Rates and fees are billed fairly, with an annual percentage rate of 27.9% for purchases, cash withdrawals as well as balance transfers.
A unique factor to consider on this credit card is the offers made, offers differ from one another, offers such as the credit limit, purchase rate, promotional balance, etc.
These offers are based on the terms and conditions of the credit card.
How To Build Credit History With Barclaycard Initial Credit Card?
Building a better credit history gives an edge in terms of applying for an increase in credit limit;
- Ensure not to exceed your credit limit at all time
- Pay up your credit statement on time and as when due
- Ensure to pay up your monthly due on time
- Proper account management entails the cardholder make payment early and avoid exceed credit limit at all time
Barclaycard Initial Credit Card Details & Features
- Barclaycard Initial has a mobile app where cardholders get to manage their credit card account properly
- Unlimited access to your credit score (see terms and condition)
- Barclaycard Initial Card is enabled for contactless payments
- With this credit card, you get to access emergency help easily
- Enjoy the option of the paper statement as a cardholder
- The cardholder can choose to enable the free text and email option to monitor their account activities through alerts
Rates (APRs) And Fees
- The minimum credit limit for Barclaycard Initial Credit Card is = £250
- The maximum credit limit is subject to the credit card holder’s status
- The annual fee for Barclaycard Initial is = £0
- Purchases rate attracts 0% for the first 90 days, subsequent annual interest is = 34.9% (compound equivalent)
- A balance transfer is subject to Barclaycard Initial offer
- Default fees for late-payments returned payments, and over credit limit is = £12
Information Needed For Application
- Current bank in use
- Bank account number
- Bank sort code
- Complete information of income statements
- Employment status
- Information on your address two years from the time of application
- Email address
- A valid phone number
How to Apply?
- Go to the Barclaycard Initial online application page
- Carefully read the credit card terms and condition
- Proceed to the application form
- Fill in the above information appropriately
Need Technical Support?
You can contact the designated customer care support on 0800 151 0900 (UK residents) or +44 (0)1604 230 230 (outside the United Kingdom)