American Express Gold Card review and benefits with a credit score between 650 and 750. Here is how to signup for the Express Gold Card.
American Express Gold Card Review
The American Express Gold Credit Card gives you access to some great cashbacks and reward points from the card activation for new cardholders.
A great feature of the Express Gold card is that, it charges no fee for all foreign transactions which makes it quite impressive also.
The American Express gold card travel benefits includes and not limited to the following.
Below are some of the benefits you get on your American Express gold card outside the shores of the United States and Beyond.
- Comes with a dining savings of $120 per annum which gives yo a monthly cash back on dining of $10.
- You stand to enjoy 4x reward points for all dining made anywhere across the world
- You also get to rack up 4x reward points for purchases made in US supermarkets.
Some services like the below are also what you get to enjoy from your American Express gold card.
- You enjoy 3x reward points using your Express Gold Card to book flights with airlines or on AMEXtravel.com and not via intermediaries or middlemen.
- Free meal is accessible onboard flights with your Express card.
- You get to the tone of $100 hotel fees (depending on qualifying hotels) and spa.
- Access to 24/7 support anywhere you are in the world. This is also a service that comes with your card.
- You also enjoy roadside assistance for your car, damage/loss insurance for your ride, insurance for your luggages, etc.
- You stand to gain some full refund from American Express when your returned items are not collected by the merchant. This can get as high as $1000!
- Network of stores where you can enjoy benefits runs in the hundreds alongside some great shopping benefits for you.
American Express Gold Card Fees
Now we know the benefits that comes with your American Express Gold card, here are some fees and rates that you need to get familiar with.
- Annual APR – 20.49% (Variable)
- APR Cash Advances – 27.49 (Variable)
- APR Penalties – 29.99% (Where Applicable)
- Cash Advance – $10 or 5% (whichever is greater)
- Foreign Transaction fee – $0
- Late / Returned Payments – $39
- Membership Fees – $250 Annually
You are to get familiar with these rates and fees and know if you are comfortable having an American Express Gold Card.
Please take into consideration the Annual membership fee of $250. This is not a one time payment but an Annual recurring payment.
Yes, you stand to enjoy some great benefits using this American Express Credit Card however, are you ready for the Membership payment of $250 annually?
AMEX Gold Card Requirements
We take a look at some of the most visible requirements for the AmeX Gold Card ad to know if you are eligible for this credit card.
- Age Requirements – The minimum age required to apply for this card is 18+ as at the time of application.
- Membership Fee – $250 is your yearly membership fee and as such, must be available to be deducted upon approval.
- Residency – You must be a full resident of the United States to apply for this card.
- Accept Terms – You are to read the terms and conditions of this card before applying on the Application page to gain better insight.
For Special Requirements or requests, you can contact the American Express support.Credit Card Villa
How to Sign up for American Express Gold Card?
Here are the steps required to sign up for an American Express Gold Credit Card and enjoy the aforementioned benefits.
- Visit the official Amex Gold card page on American Express here. (Opens in new tab)
- Once on the page, click on the APPLY NOW bar to fill in your details and information
- Make sure to Read through the AmeX Gold terms and conditions.
- Submit your Application and await your Approval.
Need Help? Contact Customer Service
In the event you need help or further assistance, you can contact American Express Gold Card customer service number on 1-800-528-4800.