We DO NOT currently earn commission or money from the companies mentioned in this post nor links. All Review are our opinion and are not endorsed nor influenced by any issuer.
American Express Credit card is an electronic payment card branded by American Express Company. Here are an arraign of American Express Card and Benefits.
American Express Credit Card
Established Since 1850, American Express issues and processes prepaid, charge and credit cards to individuals, small business and corporate consumers in the United States and around the globe.
American Express cards also known as Amex cards is headquartered in Three World Financial Center in New York City, has become an essential part of our customers by providing various products and services to assist them achieve their aspirations.
American Express is one of only a few financial service companies in the industry that has the capability to both issue and process electronic payment cards.
Types of American Express Credit Card
- American Express Gold Card
- American Express Cash Magnetic Card
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card
- The Platinum Card
- Blue Cash Preferred Card
- Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card
- Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
- Delta Reserve Credit Card
- Hilton Honors Card
- American Express Green Card
- Serve from Amex Express
- Hilton Honors American Express
- Marriott Binvoy Brilliant American Express Card
American Express Credit Card Requirements
- Age: 18 years of old minimum as at the time of applying for the card.
- Credit History: Clean credit history and high credit score with no previous payment defaults.
- In case of self-employed, the business must have been operating for a minimum of 12 months.
- Applicant should have a good CIBIL score.
- The applicant’s personal annual income should be equal to more than the required level as set by the American Express Bank. (depending on the type of the credit card, the income requirement varies)
American Express Credit Card Benefits
- Membership Rewards: Membership rewards such as; dining vouchers, gift cards and vouchers, travel vouchers, shopping vouchers and jewellery vouchers that can be redeemed against the accumulated reward points.
NB: The accumulated points can also be redeemed for groceries, travel, fashion, accessories, electronics and shopping
- Cardmember Offers: American Express has tie-ups with leading brands in the world which offer unique benefits to the customers ranging from; groceries, healthcare, travel, hotels, dining, retail outlets etc.
- Online Services: American Express offers its customers easy online access to avail its facilities like; card bill payment, apply for a supplementary card, check the list of transactions etc.
- Insurance – American Express Credit card has tie-ups with some insurance companies in India such as; ICICI Lombard, Bharti AXA General Insurance, and PNB MetLife India so as to provide travel insurance, car insurance, health insurance accident insurance and life insurance facilities to the cardholders.
How to apply for American Express Credit Card
- STEP 1: Visit the American Express bank’s homepage at: www.americanexpress.com/in/
- STEP 2: Select the “cards option” which best suits your needs which is present at the top of the homepage
- STEP 3: Tap the “Apply now” button
NB: Ensure you keep a copy of the list of documents mentioned in the page before moving ahead and go through these documents carefully and after understanding all the terms and conditions click on the space provided to give your consent that you have read and understood all the details as mentioned in the eligibility application.
- STEP 4: Tap the “Get Started” icon
- STEP 5: Provide your personal details like; First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, e-mail Address, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Gender, Annual Net Income, PAN Number, Residential Address Details, PIN Code, City and State
NB: The applicant will be eligible to apply for credit card, only if his/her net income on an annual basis should be more than the set limit as prescribed by the American Express Bank.
- STEP 6: Tap the “Save and Continue” button and you will be redirected to a new page where you will fill in the following details; Existing American Express Card Number (if any – so that the same may be considered for your existing KYC Documents), Employer Details, Employment Status, Company Name, Company Address, Pin Code, City, State, Landline number along with STD Code and Office number.
- STEP 7: fill in Other Details like; Educational Level, Aadhaar Card number, Nationality, Is the address on your KYC documents same as your current residential address? STEP 8: Tap the “Save and Continue” button to review
- STEP 9: Tap the “Submit” button to finally submit the form.
How to Login to American Express Credit Card
- Choose your card type
- Enter your User ID and Password
- Tap the “Login” button
How to Activate American Express Credit Card
You will have to activate your card in order to maximize its potentials and you do by taking the following steps
- Enter the 15-digits number located at the front of your card
- Enter your 4-digits card ID
- Tap the “Continue” button
How to Reset American Express Credit Card Password
- Enter your card Account Number
- Enter your 4-digits card number
- Tap the “Continue” button to proceed
Need assistance? Contact customer service
For further inquiries and info about American Express Credit Card using the following:
Phone: 1800-419-5960 (Toll-Free) or 0124-280-1010 (Landline) operational for 24/7.
1800-419-1414 for Merchant Services or 0124-280-1414 (landline) from Monday to Saturday between (10 am to 9 pm).